Monday, February 21, 2011

NUMB!!!

Everyday, day after day as I continue teaching my kids the only thought that wont leave me alone is what will happen to my kids after I leave. As my tenure with Akanksha comes to an end I just cant let go of this emptiness in my heart. My kids just started going for computer classes and they're so excited about it, will their next teacher understand that the twinkle in their eyes has nothing to do with the bright screen of the monitor? Will she continue to fund these classes?
My kids have finally started forming complete sentences in english... grammatically correct english. They've learnt the art of writing a meaningful essay without deviating from the topic.

I dont know if its even about the kids, i guess its about me more that them, I've fallen in love with teaching. I wake up at 3am every morning to teach biology at an online tutoring company and although I may say I hate it and that the only reason I'm doing it is coz it's a decent pay, I know I wouldnt have done it if I did not enjoy it. In the afternoons I teach English and Math to underpriviledged children at an NGO, the most satisfying 2hrs of my day.
I had taken up the job at Akanksha initially as I took a study leave from my job to prepare for the gazillion MBA Entrances conducted by B-schools across India. I had applied to only the best schools (it is an expensive course I dint want to compromise) But as I gave all the exams and did not clear any of them....(Yes I'm that bad), I have actually begun to question myself...

I had almost entirely made up my mind to ditch the MBA idea brewing in my head since the last two years and take up teaching full time, if it was not for this feeling that teaching doesnt pay well. What will I do tomorrow when I have responsibilities?

2 comments:

  1. saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam...
    dont know what to say.....want my job?
    atleast ur kids value the knowledge.....they r privileged.....

    ReplyDelete