Tuesday, March 3, 2009

fucking fabulous blog- i'm not saying this people think so. :P

yipppppeeeeeeee!! My first award!!! Actually first literary award......i've won awards before......ofcourse I have......many infact. :P
But everytime I win an award (a loooooonnnngg list) I feel so overwhelmed. Its so nice when your hardwork is recognised. Not many know how much that pat on the back, these tokens of appreciation matter. But the generous person that I am I always strive to give more than I receive......n I guess thats why the love just keeps growing. ooooooooo....I think i'm going to cry. I'd like to take a moment to compose myself before I thank all the people who havent really contributed much but formalities....formalities........u know how it is.
The first just has to be my lola dearest....for the inspiration....u started it girl now u r stuck for life. :P
Then my brother.......my worst critic....actually I think he's just jealous.
Okay now can I just take my award so I can go rest my BIG head somewhere?



Apparently not.....i've got to do some something before I can celebrate. Well here goes....The person who recieves the award has to abide by the following rules....
1. Put the above image on your blog.
2. List 10 truths about yourself.
3. Enlighten people with a meaningful quotation
4. Pass on the award to as many bloggers as you know who deserve the award.

Okayyyyy....the 10 truths
1. I LOVE CHOCOLATES......I can eat chocolates for all my meals for the rest of my life. N I love it most in its bitter form. Careful n meticulous study conducted by me (which involved eating lots and lots of chocolates :P) has proved that chocolate can lift one's mood as soon as it touches the tongue.....mmmmm.

2. I'm terrified of the dark....there is always something behind me, under my bed, behind the curtains......everywhere. Thats why I picked the bed that has a storage cabinet underneath.....I know what u are thinking n I try not to let that thought creep into my head but I think i'll sleep wid my brother tonite just to be safe.

3. I love the Kishore Kumar-R.D.Burman combo. They dint make music......they made magic together.
I also love listening to ghazals. Jagjit Singh's my favorite.

4. I cant sleep at night if I havent broken something, fallen somewhere, banged into something or someone atleast once during the day. Its a wonder I walk on the roads of Mumbai all day and get back home alive.

5. I'm a sucker for all Hrishikesh Mukherjee films. All of them....mili, guddi, khoobsurat, chupke-chupke, anand, abhimaan, bawarchi (my favorite). I actually have most of the dialogues memorised. :P

6. Its a well known fact that I just cannot remember birthdays, anniversaries or any other dates. Its such a task just remembering my own birthday. Its 5th august btw n I like gifts. :P

7. I am just not a cellphone person. I do not carry it around all the time. I even forget it at home somedays (this surprises people the most). I check it only once at the end of the day. N the poor guy's forever on the silent mode.

8. I cannot cook, not even if my life depended on it. I have caused a gas leak in my kitchen, burned holes into utensils (u should've seen the look on my mum's face) and even managed to burn my hair once (just a few strands thankfully). BMC can hire me to demolish illegal constructions...all I have to do is enter the kitchen.

9. Someone once said (this is another thing about me......I can never remember who said what..... its always 'someone said....but thats not the ninth truth) ya so a bollywood actor (I think) once said "I get to live different characters through the different roles I play. Well I do that through books. I'm Elizabeth Bennet everytime I read "Pride and Prejudice" and Josephine March everytime I read "Little Women". I mentioned the above two books coz they're my favorites.
I read whenever i'm bored of being me.

10. I CAN TALK. I dont mean that I have functional vocal cords, what i'm trying to say is that I cant stop talking. There is always so much to talk about, so many things happening, so many stories to tell. Even if I do manage to clamp my mouth shut, my tongue just keeps wagging inside. My family...including my dog has started using earplugs :( Thats one reason I started blogging.......and now my fingers wont stop typing. HEEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!

I know only one person I want to give this award to.......GAI. (please start writing again)

The Meaningful Quotation.....
"Sometimes you have brainstorms and sometimes you get just the clouds"

7 comments:

  1. :)
    finally sam sam...
    that was sooo funny..u had smiling all way thru...was combing my hair..and reading ur blog at d same time..u put a big smile on my face..which just went becoming bigger and bigger.....
    always bless u with brainstorms,baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u! thank u! so how abt another award now?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm...So the thing in it for me was the award....Shea....I was expecting some platitudes.
    Anyway,Thank you so much for the award.I have no words to describe my feelings.And now that you have given me an award for a blog that was dead ages ago,please provide me with ideas on what to blog about...

    PS-Why don't you write a testimonial? That would be a better award...[:P]...

    ReplyDelete
  4. accept the award.....follow the rules and then i might think about it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as your post is concerned, I knew most of of the stuff except for the 2nd and the 5th point...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment comes a tad too late...but wat the heck...the blogging(both reading and writing)bug has just bit me...so catchin up on all the good things i have missed out :)

    Good one..v funny..esp the kitchen one..reminds me of me!!

    ReplyDelete